The mysterious “Wanderbutz”
Experience a summer full of amazing hikes in Paznaun while searching for clues! Learn about the mysterious history of the “Wanderbutz” and be enchanted! The legend surrounding this mysterious figure is one of the most well-known tales in the region. The story concerns the spirit of a long-dead Alpine herdsman who wanders through the valley. This folktale is firmly rooted in the traditions of Paznaun. Today, the “Wanderbutz” is given to hardworking hikers in the form of a badge. So get out there and hike to receive your reward!
A hiking badge for young and old
One thing is clear: children are especially fond of collecting the stamps! When your family holiday in See is over, don’t forget to pick up your “Wanderbutz” award for completed hikes at the tourist information office.
The badges at a glance
- Bronze: awarded for 18 points
- Silver: awarded for 36 points
- Gold: awarded for 54 points
- Gold in a mountain pine wreath: awarded for achieving gold three times in three years
Hiking badges for children up to 6 years of age and seniors over 60 years of age:
- Bronze: awarded for 10 points
- Silver: awarded for 20 points
- Gold: awarded for 30 points
Are you looking for a beautiful hiking destination? Explore all the hiking trails in See and book your hiking holiday today!