Chapels in See
Lourdeskapelle (Lourdes Chapel)
The original Lourdeskapelle, a simple building lovingly made from wood, is located at the edge of the forest in the hamlet of Schusterhaus in See. In 1976 the chapel was restored by the young ‘Seaber’ (or, young farmers). After an avalanche in 1992, the chapel had to be replaced by a protective barrier. In the meantime however, it has been re-built, integrated in the wall.
Kapelle Oberhaus (Oberhaus Chapel)
Oberhaus is a small hamlet in See, consisting merely of a farmstead and a chapel. Inside the chapel is a statue of the Madonna, which is around 250 years old and which was built by the sculptor Johann Ladner, who also made the three life-size wooden figures in Kerkerkapelle in Kappl.
Kapelle Habigen (Habigen Chapel)
The chapel in Habigen was built in 1882 and houses a wonderful picture of the Virgin Mary, which was donated by the district of See’s famous son, the artist Mathias Schmid. This place of worship was dedicated to the Virgin Mary and St John of Nepomuk and houses a small altar based on a drawing made by town councillor of Innsbruck, Friedrich Maurer. To this day it is the only chapel in See in which the Blessed Sacrament is kept.